Free Advocacy Toolkit
Help Ban Toxic Oil Dispersants in Just a Few Clicks
If you are a resident of a coastal state, use our sample letter to ask your state governor to:
1) Ban use of toxic dispersants in state waters.
2) Require that dispersants only be approved on a case-by-case basis in adjacent federal waters with citizen-informed State and Tribal consensus.
[State action is necessary until the laws are changed to ban dispersants outright]
Write your congressional members and ask them to:
1) Insist that EPA bans dispersant use offshore and in the deep-sea;
2) Change the Clean Water Act to disincentivize dispersants
3) Establish a nationwide network of Regional Citizens’ Advisory Councils to hold federal agencies and responsible parties accountable for oil spill preparation and response as provided by the Oil Pollution Act.